CHA is the UK trade association for manufacturers and suppliers of plants, products and services to commercial horticulture worldwide. Our role is to represent the interest of the British horticultural supplies sector in both UK and international markets. The following are just some of the services we offer our members:
• Mark of export professionalism. The CHA logo is recognised by international horticultural professionals as a mark of export professionalism, so by being a member of CHA you are viewed as company worth doing business with by international organisations worldwide.
• Hands-on guidance and practical support when participating at overseas trade shows. CHA organises the British exhibitor groups at a number of key international trade shows and exhibitions. Our team of exhibition experts simplify the whole process of organising your participation and deliver a comprehensive package of organisational support, pre-show promotion to international buyers, expert help and advice in the run-up to, and at the event, and post show pr.
• Access to government cash grants at overseas trade shows. As an Accredited Trade Organisation (ATO) and Trade Challenge Partner with the British Government, Department for International Trade we are able to lobby for, and secure, funding for eligible exhibitors at these shows.
• Lobbying to Government with other sector bodies on behalf of the commercial horticulture industry. CHA is a member of Sponsors’ Alliance and works alongside other leading professional bodies, trade federations and associations to lobby government on behalf of the industry.
• Discounts at international trade shows. CHA members receive discounted administration fees when exhibiting on UK Pavilions at all international trade shows in which we are organising the British group.
• Low-cost press promotion service to UK and international trade press. Put your company’s news in front of business editors across the world. A low cost and easy way to promote details of your products to the trade press in the UK and overseas markets.
• Direct UK and export sales leads. CHA often receives enquiries from trade buyers from the UK and throughout the world, which we pass on to our member companies. NEW for 2019 – using iPads and a new signature based form, we are now able to pass on sales enquiries to our members from growers/buyers at trade shows. GDPR Compliant.
• FREE export advice and signposting by phone, email or via face-to-face consultation. Our team is always available to assist members with export enquiries.
• Free editorial showcase – CHA website. Members receive their own entry on the CHA website with descriptive text, picture, logo branding and a click through to their own site.
• Intellectual property protection service. Designed by chartered patent attorneys Chapman & Co specifically to meet the needs of our membership, this service offers free, one hour Intellectual Property (IP) audit to check that all IP that can be protected has been protected. Members also receive 30 minutes free advice per issue and a 20% discount on fees for preparing and filing design and trade mark applications.
• The opportunity to direct mail our extensive database of growers. We constantly update our information and members have exclusive use of the data (GDPR Compliant). Dependent on the request, this does entail a small cost for facilitation.
• Publicity of your company and products to buyers via the annual CHA Buyers’ Guide, a printed publication. Multilingual directory of members’ products and services - distributed directly to growers and horticultural professionals and also through key industry events in the UK and overseas.
• Design deposit scheme. Administered by CHA. This provides a straightforward way for members to produce evidence of when a design was created.
• FREE telephone legal advice line. For information about business issues such as employment law, contract and company law, marketing law, taxation and health and safety. Call Law Express and quote your CHA membership number.
• NEW – R&D tax credit claim service. This specialist service helps members claim valuable R&D tax credits. In addition to benefitting from this, members might also qualify for the Patent Box Scheme, an opportunity to halve your corporation tax bill and capital allowances of up to 40% of a property’s purchase price. Assessments are complimentary to members with no obligation.
• Business mentoring service. Whether you have just started in business or have been trading successfully and need to take the next steps for expansion, our service can help. We have negotiated special advice packages for our members from a leading business consultant.
• Explore the market services. If members are interested in particular markets around the world, the CHA team will explore a market on your behalf and provide a brief report on the market opportunities for your products.
• Discounted fees for the reclamation of European VAT. If you are UK VAT registered you can potentially reclaim VAT paid for overseas exhibition costs including meals, hotels, transport and entertainment either by using an agent or by claiming yourself via an electronic system. Both methods can be time consuming and complicated which is why CHA have negotiated discounted fees with a reputable agent. Agents can traditionally charge anything from 15 to 30%, CHA members pay 12% of VAT reclaimed.
• CHA Bulletins. Receive the communication via email, includes international news, profiles of members, product and service launches and latest industry innovations. The newsletter is distributed directly to commercial growers, nurseries, trade professionals, trade press, associations and trade bodies. Send in any news you would like publishing.
Above all, we are here for our Members. Direct your enquiries to us and we will work on your behalf to provide a successful solution to your requirements…..
For full details on these and other benefits contact the CHA team on firstname.lastname@example.org.